Polygrill is the new electrical barbecue concept installed here at EPFL. Three brand new polygrills were installed in 2014 on the east side of the Rolex Learning Center, along with corresponding facilities (tables and benches, trash bins, water tap, etc.). Recently, new polygrills have been installed in the Atrium of the Quartier Nord, and in MicroCity (Neuchâtel).
These polygrills are available for free to EPFL students and employees. However, the use of the polygrills requires a booking (see user’s manual below).
The working hours of the polygrills are limited to Monday – Friday, from 11:00 to 14:00, and from 17:00 to 22:00.
The Students Foundation (FEE) is the sponsor of the Polygrill project.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to follow in order to use the polygrill:
- First, the polygrill has to be booked for the selected day and timeframe, on the dedicated web page. During the booking process, the polygrill number and timeframe have to be defined. It is possible to book 2 polygrills at the same time.
- The given day, in order to turn on the polygrill the person who made the booking has to show his/her CAMIPRO card on the chosen polygrill, during the booked timeframe. Beware, it is important to present the CAMIPRO card on the right booked polygrill.
- The green light turns on, indicating that the polygrill is heating. Use some oil to cook your food.
- After 15 minutes, the green light turns off, indicating that the polygrill has stopped heating. In order to turn it on again for another 15 minutes, you need to present your CAMIPRO card once more.
- Do not forget to clean the polygrill and its surroundings after usage, so that this common area remains clean and attractive for the next users. It is a good idea to bring along a cleaning sponge and adapted detergent.
Any person fro the EPFL community can book a polygrill. Beware, the booking requires a Gaspar login. In order to book, please press the button here below:
Questions – problems – improvements
Should you have questions, encounter problems while using the polygrills, or have suggestions to improve the usability of the system, we would be happy to hear from you. Please send an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.